Joost Maglev – Alter Ego. Out now. Check out the album trailer here:
Buy the CD album signed in the shop!
Or buy it digitally on Bandcamp, or stream it from Spotify, Apple Music and your favourite streaming service!
4 weeks ago
Hi Maglev fans,
Friday the 1st of May is another day when Bandcamp waives fees artists have to pay the music platform for sales made on that day. This day I wanted to do something special, so I released Scarlet Penta's album (with music, lyrics, production and instruments by me) from 2012 on the platform today. You are able to buy the digital-only version for only €6,- or you can opt for the CD version for €10,-, postage and packaging not included.
Fresh, Japanese-inspired pop/rock created by a beautiful young woman and fine artist, but also with that Joost Maglev twist in the compositions and arrangements. Mixed and co-mastered by Peter Vink (Q65, Finch, Ayreon) and with a great variety of guest musicians, such as Sebas Honing on guitars.
Please support an artist and consider buying on Friday, May 1st.
Due to the ongoing Corona crisis and the fact that I've been moving house I completely forgot that Alter Ego was one year old last week. Yay!
To celebrate I'd like to tell you a bit more about the album, in this case the symmetry I chose to put in the album. Here's a short list of symmetrical things.
- Track 1 and track 9 together form the title ~Lucid Dreams~, the album I was working on before my burnout.
- The lyrics as well as the melody line for ~Lucid and Dreams~ are completely mirrored. You see this well in the CD booklet.
- Tracks 2 and 8 are called ANGEL and DEMON, uppercase, 5 letter words. Guitars on these tracks were done by Faried Verheul.
- Tracks 3 (Corpus Christi) and 7 (Burning Girl) are based on two tracks from my 2005 demo album Voluntary: Sanguis Christi and Burning the Torn Shell. Guitars on these tracks were played by Ben Craven.
- Tracks 4 and 6 both have titles consisting of two words, two syllables each: Ever After and Alter Ego. The first letters of these titles mirror: EA and AE. These tracks share the same chorus in terms of melody.
- Track 5, Judith ~episode ii~, is the pivotal track, as episode i was on Overwrite The Sin. In the middle of a song there is a melodic and lyrical reference to ~Lucid and Dreams~. I sing "You're halfway there" at the halfway mark of the album.
I've left out some more subtle cases of symmetry. If you find them, please let me know. There might be a prize involved. 😉 ...
If you've liked my most recent album Alter Ego, please consider buying a digital copy of my previous album Overwrite The Sin on Bandcamp today. Bandcamp doesn't subtract fees from artist's earnings today, giving them a little boost in these complicated times.
Overwrite The Sin will be 4 years old on March 22nd.
Overwrite The Sin, by Joost Maglev
5 track album ...